Thursday, May 31, 2012

Blathering

Today I was blathering about something when Princess A asked me what I was saying.  I tried to dismiss her by saying that I didn't say anything.  She continued to argue with me.  "No, Mommy.  What did you say?"  "Nothing, sweetie.  Mommy was just talking out of her head."  "No, Mommy. You're supposed to talk out of your mouth, not your head!"  I just couldn't argue with that.  I swear that kid of mine is too perceptive for her own good.
Pap came over for dinner tonight and played with the girls after dinner while Daddy and I moved some heavy things from off of the trailer, including his motorcycle that we just picked up from the shop.  I came in to find them playing bear family.  Princess A was kid bear.  Pap WAS Grumpy Bear, but Princess A went to the tree and brought him back a honey stick.  After that he became Happy Bear.  I don't know where she comes up with some of this stuff.  She played with her dolls all day and had the best conversations with them.  Yesterday she insisted that Tiny Tot play dress up with her.  She didn't understand why her baby sister didn't want to put on the princess dress.  I had to hold her down and put the costume dress on the baby so they could play princesses together.  They have been so sweet together this week.  It amazes me that Princess A is so enamored of her baby sister.  She wants them to match all of the time and loves playing with her.  She hasn't shown a single instance of jealousy since she was born 13 months ago.  I'm so impressed with my 4-year old's level of tolerance for the "new kid" in town.  I hope it stays that way for years to come. Hmmm, we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment