Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Dress Rehearsal

Today was my eldest daughter's dance recital dress rehearsal.  For the purposes of this blog we will call my daughters Princess A and Tiny Tot.  So Princess A is a sheep in the Wizard of Oz for her recital.  Oh, you don't remember sheep in that one?  They were on the farm with Autie Em and Uncle Henry before the tornado.  Ok, so it is one interpretation anyway.  So she comes out and does her 42 seconds of fame with her class of other little farm animals.  These little ones are so small and fresh that the teachers are dancing on stage with them.  They are adorable nonetheless.  I trekked to the theater twice today for rehearsals and photos and will repeat it again tomorrow for a final dress rehearsal and then the performance tomorrow night.  Luckily my folks agreed to keep Tiny Tot so that I didn't have to try and keep her contained and quiet for the show.  There were enough screaming little girls without her complaining.  She is 13 months old and a living doll, but she wants what she wants and wants it NOW!  She is also teething.  That makes for enough fussiness all by itself.  We have a sitter for the performance tomorrow night.  At least I won't have to try to keep her still and quiet for 2 hours.
So, back to the sheep.  I made her costume without a pattern and am quite proud of it.  She is so stinking cute I can hardly stand it.  We walked in to rehearsal tonight and people kept commenting on how precious she looked.  She is super tiny (still in sizes 24 month and 3T), and with her curly white costume and black arms and legs, you just want to scoop her up and pet her.  And she stays in character like a pro.  She won't talk to people.  She just says, "Bahhhh."  You could just eat her alive!!  I will have to post photos of this costume later on.  I'm still new to this blogging, so I'm not sure if there is a way to post photos yet.  I'll figure it out soon enough.
The husband is out of town seeing after his mother, who had surgery today.  The girls are asleep and it's Mommy Time.  I think now is a good time to catch up on some TV and some rest.  Tomorrow should prove to be another marathon day.  Until next time...good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment